This is a great recipe to make for lunch or dinner, especially on a cold day. You will get a lot of your veggies in with this soup!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2/3 cup Carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup Onions, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 cups Chicken Broth, fat free (or bone broth)
- 1 1/2 cups Green Cabbage, diced
- 1/2 cup Green Beans, frozen (slightly de-thawed)
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and sauté the Carrots, Onions and Garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add Chicken Broth, Green Cabbage, Green Beans, Celery, Tomato Paste, Basil, Oregano and Sea Salt; bring to boil.
- Once it reaches boil, lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
You can enjoy this vegetable soup by itself or with some saltine crackers. You can make this recipe in advance, store in the refrigerator and have it during the week.